Thursday 21 June 2012

Dear TLE,

I am writing to express dissatisfaction at the Employability course at the Walthamstow TLE Centre (Selborne Road).  My complaint is not about the course itself- in general, I found ******* and **** to be kind, helpful tutors.  Some of their advice regarding interview techniques was interesting.  Rather, I am seriously unimpressed with the updated CV I received at the end of the course.  To illustrate my reasons for this, I have highlighted the CV itself, enclosed.  I have highlighted in orange grammatical errors (which never look good when applying for writing-based jobs/ a degree in English Literature!) In blue, I have highlighted Key Skills that I don’t actually possess, which have been added to my CV for no clear reason.  In the case of being brought to interview, this could prove very embarrassing.  Obviously, I have been able to update my CV myself since the time of the course (Feb- March 2012.)  However, I am sure that you can understand my confusion at the conclusion of this course which is supposedly meant to help people gain “employability skills.”  I can only hope that others check their Cvs  before using them.  Please take these comments into account, as it seems obvious to me that a CV should at least be written in a clear, correct and at the very least, truthful fashion.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment