Friday 8 June 2012

rubbish writer and mixed metaphor

I thumb my weaknesses like fontenelle, test their softness and then shy away from it.  I have always been less gentle with my own tender spots.  So their outlines repel me.  They remind me of the impulse to cruelty throbbing at my fingertips.

Lately I have spread myself too thin- Austerity Butter.  I split and split, between places and people, trying to be helpful and cheerful and kind.  When the constant motion stills, thoughts open beneath me like a trapdoor.  I keep a foot either side.  The paper dolls of split-me join hands again in the morning, tug the door closed, regroup, resplit and go out smiling.

I need a new blog, one with a theme.  Wiped slate and a story to tell (not mine.)  Something funny, collected, solid.  Something to concentrate on, while I pull the focus from my thumbs and the soft spots beneath them.  Something with a point.

A collection of stories (not mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment