Thursday 24 May 2012

in the sun

Like most of London's inhabitants, I went to the park yesterday.  Vicky Park, with my cousin C.  We have reconnected a lot since I came back to London.  Her eldest daughter is the same age as my little sister.  C is a year and a half older than me.  It was a really nice afternoon- drinking rose in the park, being introduced to a friend of C's, catching up and being reassured it isn't only me who has lost the patience and time to handle grandad.  My cousin J turned up just before I left to collect Bee.

In the evening Sis and I were meant to go and see Two Roses for Richard the Third at the Roundhouse.  It didn't happen due to a long and complicated process involving tickets and Tubes.  So we took an unbelievably convoluted route on a bus round what felt like all the houses, to meet with Alaron (who are two people- also referred to as Darlana) in London Fields.  It was a lovely evening.  Alaron had got me a Congratulations card three large Moleskines for starting university and I felt really touched and, for the first time, properly excited about studying.  I have good friends.

Sis and I bussed together, I got off at Gran's and drank some more with my uncle.  We had a pretty good chat.  I have been warned (again) about my love affair with alcohol.

I dreamt my Gran's cat was running a bouncer operation at the cat-flap, some kind of feline night-club in the kitchen.

And that I was being chased and chased and chased across a field, all because I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment