Monday 21 May 2012

under that light, and in that moment.

Friday, after the Penguin interview, I went for a walk along the SouthBank to the Kusama exhibition (hence that entry) and then lunch with Mum and Dad.

I also went for a run over the weekend.  I borrowed Dad's watch-that-tells-speed/distance-not-time and didn't listen to music.  I let my thoughts take me running naturally and came up with the following realisation:  guilt slows me down. Invariably. Let's not ask a genius to tell us what this means.

Saturday after "work"- Free gig + secret forest rave!  On to a winner.  The bands: Will and the People and Duncan Disorderly & the Scallywags, were really good.  I actually danced (in my awkward-limbed way.) And the forest party was pretty magic.  The trees were hung with lights- or maybe the lights were projected onto the trees?  They were like tiny dancing fairies.  It was a night of little bits of oddness.  I got a bit twinkle-headed, danced, discovered that the twigs and branches of trees were like networks of veins in a huge, domed, protective organism.  And I usually hate trees.  Someone and I kissed.  Under the breathing dome.  Then it was light, my feet were cold and we all went home.

I made myself a promise (an unravelling/ a re-stitching).  I have made the same one a million times.

On Sunday we went back to A's for after-party chill.  I broke the promise I wish that I would keep from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment